- 1 Build 079b - experimental
- 2 Build 079a - experimental
- 3 Build 076a
- 4 Build 076a
- 5 Test build - 075e
- 6 Test build - 075d
- 7 Test build - 075c
- 8 Build 074f
- 9 Build 074e
- 10 Build 073b
- 11 Build 073
- 12 Build 070
- 13 Build 069g
- 14 Build 069e
- 15 Build 068
- 16 Build 066
- 17 Build 065d
- 18 Build 065b
- 19 Build 064
- 20 Build 063d
Build 079b - experimental
- Down-counting length value for the current scene position in the scene list.
- Bugfix: In individual song save, edit copies of CK patterns were not being included.
- minor fixes
Build 079a - experimental
- JSON file format: save and load individual songs, all songs, and all instrument definitions in JSON format text files.
- bugfix: loss of knob assignments for the knob mask events after pattern edits
- new 'mute hold' option: hold the current track mute state across scene selections.
- In play pages press SHIFT+SCENE. Multiple presses of SHIFT + SCENE to step through the options.
- 3 options: OFF, Next and LOCK.
- OFF: stored mutes will be recalled with scenes as normal.
- Next: current mute status will be held for the next scene selection only, after which mute hold will reset to OFF.
- LOCK: stored mutes will never be recalled with scenes.
- pattern SAVE menus in P3 and CK drum edit revised
- save options are now shown above the encoders under the screen, rather than being selected from a scrolling list (less key presses needed now).
- P3: no prompt to confirm the pattern name anymore for a normal 'save'. If you don't want to use the auto name, change it in edit mode before you save.
- undo features clearer. There are two levels of undo that may be available - you can undo changes to any pattern made since you entered edit mode, and you can recall the saved version of a pattern once it has been saved with a scene. These options only appear above the encoders when they are available.
- New Lose+Exit option, which will return the pattern to the state it was in when you entered edit mode, and return you to play mode.
- new user config option "force save menu after edit": force to decide whether to save or lose the edits to a pattern when you come out of edit mode.
- P3 pattern: SHIFT + turn BAR for rotating (as already in drum edit)
- Another addition, still work in progress:'JSON test' option on the Card/Sysex menu.
- This option will write two files to SD-card called INSTS.TXT and SONG.TXT. These contain a dump of the instrument definitions and current song (excluding scene data, still TBI) in JSON format. I'll be using this format for individual song load and save, as it allows readily available code libraries to be used for writing external editor/librarian tools with the minimum of effort. Specifications, as they say, are subject to change without notice, but it'll give you an idea how I'm thinking of representing the internal data.
- communication between the main CPU and the CVIO board
- timing of aux event processing relative to the start of each step in P3 patterns has been fixed - events are no longer processed in advance of the step, unless a negative delay value has been set.
- changes to the knob grab and knob mask aux events. The knob grab events now take a value for the knob to use to over-ride pattern values of "1", "2", "A" or "B". Knobs 1 and 2 refer to the track control values knob1 and knob2 which can be assigned to each track. Thus the knob grab events can either be controlled individually using the track values page, or you may have multiple patterns simultaneoulsy pulling values from knobs A or B. The knob mask events also now link to the same four choices - when any of these events are assigned to an aux, an extra field will prompt for the knob selection.
Test build - 075e
- CVIO fix
Test build - 075d
- negative delay for set delay aux event
Test build - 075c
- CV offset function
- negative delay for P3 patterns
- prepeat events: similar to the rep*2, rep*3 and rep*4 events - the note on a step is triggered multiple times, with a shorter gate length. The difference is the repeats are closer together (this was found to be more musical), and the first repeat starts in advance of the step (hence, 'prepeat'), such that the last note falls exactly on the step.
- Test build: Now there is a problem with this build as it stands. In order to be able to play steps in advance, the sequencer code needs to process the next step sooner than before. At the moment, the next step is prepared to fire as soon as the note on the current step has played. It's at this point that any aux events are handled. Then a wait period starts until the note is to be played. The problem with this is that if you have a track muted, and you un-mute it just in time for a step to play, you have already past the point in time where the aux events would have been handled, so they will be missed for the first step after un-muting. Another problem is that the 'MIDI send' group of events will send their messages a bit too early. I'm working on a way round these limitations, but it is proving more complicated than it looked at first.
- p3 pattern length value edits made finer - long values can be edited in single ticks
- coarse steps (with encoder held) reduced to 12 ticks per click
- ck pattern: auto-length adjust when changing grid timebase improved
- ck pattern: slope edit behaviour when empty step is used cleaned up
- p3 pattern: repeat events behaviour fixed
- p3 pattern: p3 random masking probabilities fixed
- p3 pattern: delete + gang leaves all steps un-ganged, drops out of gang mode
- force-to-scale moving to nearest active note in either direction, instead of downward bias
- ck pattern now has bar length in steps (last step) value. In drum grid edit, hold LAST and press step key to set length of 1 bar. Total length of a pattern = (last step) * (bar length) * (grid timebase). When changing grid timebase, bar length will be auto-adjusted to keep the same overall pattern length where possible. Some changes of timebase may require manual adjustment of bar length.
- SWING previously applied a time delay to every second step in a ck pattern via real-time quantisation (quant% track value). After introduction of grid timebase, swing has been altered to give a 16th note shuffle effect, even on patterns with a finer timebase setting. e.g. 32nd note flams will play with 16th note shuffle
- Bar follow enabled in event list edit (press BAR to toggle)
- Added a clear of recently-sent MIDI state to ensure all pgms and CCs are re-sent for a new SONG, even if the same value had been sent during the previous song - to ensure multiple control CCs take effect as expected
- better checks for memory full error when allocating space for pattern backups, etc.
- delete of saved track values in mixer view, using DELETE + <press track encoder>
- clear assignment of knobs to track values which are manually removed from an instrument
- drum edit, knob A numeric value for new note velocities is moved up to avoid clash with bar 16 indicator
- validation of clipboard contents before paste into ck pattern
- full reset of USB transmit state if interface is re-initialised. added buffer over-flow detection for USB transmit buffers - LED below step 16 flashes red
- Fixed occasional encoder skipping
- Fixed error in vscale calibration calculation
- If you are updating from a build before 073:
- You MUST DO A DATA BACKUP BEFORE, AND A RESTORE AFTER the update process
- Memory should be initialised when prompted at first re-boot
- The firmware for the CVIO CPU will be updated (If you have CVIO installed, first time it boots it will show the firmware update progress. Press SHIFT once that is complete, and CVIO should operate normally.)
- P3 Edit - SCULPT: 4 modes: Sculpt ABS, Sculpt REL, Random ABS, Random REL. To change the SCULPT mode, press ENTER while SCULPT is active, and select the mode from the pick-list.
- Sculpt ABS - the current position of knob A replaces the step values
- Sculpt REL - the current position of knob A is added to the step values (value is bi-polar)
- Random ABS - step values are randomly assigned a value in the range set by knobs A & B
- Random REL - a random offset in the range set by knobs A & B is added to the step values
- CK drum edit: grid timebase setting added, adjusted with VALUE encoder
- CK drum edit: Access to LENG: in row view, turning ROW steps through velo and leng
- Tempo adjust on SONG/SCENE pages: SHIFT + <value> adjusts rate of tempo change
- New Track Control Values: note%, velo%, octave, knob1 & knob2
- note% - scales notes from 0 to 255% of their value
- noteC - this sets the centre point of note% scaling, i.e. at 0%, all notes = noteC value
- velo% - scales velocities from 0 to 255% of their value
- veloC - sets the centre point of velo% scaling, i.e. at 0%, all velocities = veloC value
- octave - track level transpose by +/- 4 octaves
- knob1 & knob2 - for use by P3 knob mask aux events. Knob mask events are now usable with the values taken from these track control values. Knob1 is used by the first knob mask event assigned to an aux. Knob2 is used by any further knob mask events. Starting points for knob mask positions can be saved at the Scene or Song level, as with other track control values.
- CVIO transfer DMA enabled, for reduced latency & CPU load. CVIO config adds pitchbend option for ctrl# (one step before CC #0). When bend is selected, Ctrl amount becomes Bend amount, maximum = 12 semitones. Bend will almost certainly do weird stuff to Hz/v synths - I haven't got one set up at the moment to test how it should work. Gate ports now have independent settings. They can be linked to any CV output number for gate use, or set to output a tempo clock division. Analogue input mode is not yet linked to an incoming MIDI stream, so is not available yet. This is TBI soon, just haven't worked out the precise implementation details.
- MIDI ports can be set to soft-thru all channels in parallel to another port. This includes routing of USB inputs to serial & CVIO outputs, though this is not heavily tested yet. Let me know if you see any weirdness.
- SD-card Save/Load: filenames are now sorted alphabetically, and cached for faster scrolling. Limited to 512 files in the root folder. Sub-folder access and access to internal flash TBI.
- improved CC recording
- CC track values follow any value sent from a pattern, or passed through MIDI.
- A or B movements recorded in CK pattern record (if the CC record filter is on).
- fixed hanging notes on soft-thru.
- improved record filter UI for CK record mode
- asterisk indicates that the event type *will* be recorded.
- new scene selection view
- in scene selection list, hold SHIFT and press SCENE
- VALUE encoder + step encoders scroll/select scenes
- 'm' => (manual); number => scene reps count; 'S' => set; 'E' loop end; 'L' single scene loop
- encoder LED colors: red => mapped scene; green => in loop; amber => current scene (also '>' before name)
- hold an encoder to select one scene, then press and release a later encoder, you will select the first scene to play next, and also set the scene loop to start and end on the selected scenes. (roughly the same as part chain selection on P3). Having selected a loop, it won't normally advance while you're on the SCENE page. So, from the new view, you can toggle SONG mode by pressing the SONG key. This will make your loop advance automatically (if reps are not set to manual).
- ck pattern event-list editor improved
- single step period. The step keys are used to select the step view position within the current bar. The BAR encoder moves through the bars as before. The step key LEDs light to show which step periods have events on them. The ROW encoder scrolls through the events on the step. If you scroll before the first, or after the last, the view will move to the adjacent step. Each event is shown with the step number it is on, and a bi-polar offset value (-24 to +23) that shows where the event start time is relative to the current step.
- new user config menu; from play mode, press MENU, select 'more>', then 'user config'
- "no auto pattern on edit" = no P3 pattern created when you try to edit an un-assigned track
- "name patterns after track" = track number or name included in auto-generated pattern names, e.g. "Trk1 P 1", "Trk15 C 3"
- "no pattern after delete" = after pattern delete, 'no pattern' is assigned
- "show MIDI note numbers" = notes shown as numbers instead of names
- "aux edit sets flag" = in P3 edit mode, changing an aux value always turns on flag for that step
- "ignore MIDI STOP if master" = incoming MIDI STOP will be ignored unless slaved to external clock
- "48ppqn DIN SYNC" = Sync at double the Roland standard, older Korg format machines use 48 instead of 24 ppqn
- text input mode has scrollable cursor (turn VALUE) and insert/overwrite (toggle with INSERT key)
- text input visual aid shows lower/uppercase depending on SHIFT held or locked status
- pattern save-as shows current name for edit; attempting to save-as the same name will auto-increment name
- scene save-as shows current name for edit; attempting to save-as the same name will auto-increment name
- duplicate instrument names no longer sneak past unchecked
- track value knob assignments stored at song level per track
- track value knob edits require pass-through of manually entered value before knob becomes live
- track value page position remembered for each track
- track value display names shown for aux assignments in P3 edit
- edit mode row selection, bar position, bar follow, etc. remembered for each track (reset on scene/pattern change)
- MIDI soft-thru will pass sysex messages up to 15 data bytes in length
- hanging held notes on change of edit-track soft-thru fixed
- basic copy & paste in drum grid edit; hold COPY and press BAR to copy the current bar to the clipboard move to another bar, the press INSERT to paste the copied events into the new bar. apply quantise if you need to delete any doubled events, until I progress this further and include that in the paste code
- MIDI clock output has two resync modes (set in MIDI config, mclk send = [off | norm | tempo | rsyn1 | rsyn2 ])
- resync1 - SHIFT + RUN stops and restarts clock at next gbar loop
- resync2 - SHIFT + RUN stops immediately; further SHIFT + RUN restarts at next gbar loop.
- both resync modes send start only on next gbar loop after pressing RUN
- songs will return to workscene on re-selection if they were last in workscene
- Some bugfixes for P3 patterns using events to change the last step position.
- No Xpose and No FTS instrument settings are fixed for P3 patterns.
- Holding TRACK in pattern edit, pressing another track encoder and releasing TRACK kicks you back into edit mode via the track page. It takes effect when TRACK is released, so you can look through a few tracks before you find the right one.
- In drum edit, SHIFT + ROW toggles the encoders between velocity and length.
- Slope edits in the drum grid.
- added LAST + BAR encoder to edit bar length in P3 edit
- added INSERT filter in P3 edit. Insert filter is shown on the top line of display when insert is pending. Use VALUE encoder to select what will be pasted.
- changed behaviour for stop/start re-sync. SHIFT + run previously triggered a rapid stop/start on the next gbar loop. Now the first press of SHIFT + run will stop slaved devices. Another press will arm them for restart on next gbar loop (mungo-sync style)
- fixed auto-generation of duplicate pattern names
- fixed missing DELETE LED in drum edit with record active
- fixed DIN sync minimum times between state changes
- fixes a couple of reported bugs, such as the USB soft-thru and DIN sync tempo, and some oddities in drum edit.
- adds the same save/save as/undo menu to the ck pattern edit modes as in the P3 edit mode, accessed with the SAVE key.
- new option on the main drum edit menu to 'purge muted notes'. This operation permanently deletes any notes from the pattern than you have turned off (muted) using the step keys. The grid is also refreshed, so any rows for notes that no longer appear in the pattern will be removed, unless they were manually added or fixed in theinstrument def.
- fix a bug where the first note in a manually entered ck pattern was not showing up on the drum grid.
- fixes a couple of subtle ck pattern playback issues.
- addition of a bar on the far right of the drum grid. This shows the current position of knob A. When you turn on a note on a step without an existing velocity value, the knob A value is used.